- > Careers
- > Interim Assistant Director of Admissions
Interim Assistant Director of Admissions
The Interim Assistant Director of Admissions is involved in numerous aspects of the admissions and financial aid process and is responsible for processing and maintaining all phases of the applicant and financial aid records. The individual helps ensure applicant parents/caregivers benefit from open lines of communication with Beauvoir and communicates by example the values of the school. This is a temporary position starting anytime in January 2023 and continuing through August 31, 2023.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Participates in visits for applicants and supports the organization of those visits;
- Maintains financial aid and applicant database using Clarity, Ravenna, and/or additional databases;
- Responds to inquiries via phone, Zoom, and email;
- Maintains information management such as financial aid Excel spreadsheets, Ravenna statistics, various databases, admissions queries, other Excel sheets as needed;
- Participates in, supports, and helps to plan and organize prospective parent/caregiver events (Receptions, Meetings, etc.);
- Is involved with Admissions and Financial Aid Committee (prepare profiles and information as needed);
- Attends and leads various scheduled events some evenings and on occasional weekends;
- Conducts admissions and financial aid responsibilities (excel sheets, financial aid awards using Clarity, various communications including emails and notification letters, etc.); and
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, YEARS’ EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including mail merging.
- Experience with various platforms is highly desirable and can include Blackbaud and Ravenna.
- Possess a high level of technological expertise as well as excellent attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (EX: BEST PRACTICES, TEAMBUILDING, DETAIL ORIENTED, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and extremely detail oriented.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Process high-volume and time-sensitive information.
- Take initiative in collaboration with the Admissions Team to advance the work of the office.
- Demonstrate effectiveness meeting and working with new families and with young children.
- Exhibit detail-oriented and comfortable multi-tasking approaches to work.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of professional work.
- Possess a high level of technological skills, database management, and ability to learn and assume responsibility for projects.
- Comfort working with young children.
- Must pass periodic general background checks, FBI background check, child safety screening and, at the discretion of the school, drug and alcohol screening.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; credibility and ethical conduct.
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to write and format professional correspondence, memos, and support documentation.
- Consistent and prompt attendance.
- Compliance with the provisions of the Beauvoir Faculty & Staff Handbook and Employment Manual.
WORKING CONDITIONS (SCHEDULE, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT):
- This position requires work outside normal business hours as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- The position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement, and fine coordination in preparing reports using a computer keyboard.
- The position requires near and far vision for reading and preparing written reports and other documents.
- Acute hearing is also required when providing phone assistance.
- The need to lift, drag, push, and pull files, reports and other materials weighing up to 25 pounds is required.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to: Margaret Hartigan, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, at email@example.com with ” Interim Asst. Director of Admissions – (your name)” written in the subject line.
Beauvoir the National Cathedral Elementary School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the School may terminate the relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.