Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Information Manager serves as the expert on all databases at the school including the fundraising database. This person serves as the registrar, the Advancement data specialist, and will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to all projects involving databases at the school. This position works closely with the Director of Technology, Advancement, Admissions, the Assistant Head of School, and Communications to maintain the accuracy of student, teacher, staff, parent, and donor records. Please note that our students are enrolled in one class for the entire year so maintaining complex class schedules is not a part of this job. Tuition and payment management is covered by a different position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE INFORMATION MANAGER
- Maintain accuracy of student records including contact information, grade reports, test scores and attendance; run reports when needed.
- Work with Advancement to maintain the accuracy of fundraising and constituent data including giving history.
- Maintain accuracy of faculty and staff records, as well as new employee data and departing employee data.
- Maintain accuracy of school dismissal manager and carpool data.
- Work with the nurse’s office to maintain accuracy of health forms.
- Enroll all new students; work with Communications to remind parents fill out necessary forms.
- Work with summer programs to support the enrollment and accuracy of Beauvoir. Summer records and work with the nurses to maintain summer health forms.
- Serve as lead administrator on Blackbaud K-12 products including on Record, onCampus, onMessage, and Core.
- Generate reports to help fundraising to assess current and historic giving totals.
- Work with Outplacement Team to send information to schools on students transferring out. Maintaining up-to-date parent/caregiver information in Blackbaud.
- Develop and maintain Blackbaud distribution lists by assigning roles and affinities during onboarding and enrollment.
- Develop and maintain ABC and Enrichment distribution lists
- Process all changes and adjustments to student class lists.
- Assist with setting up parent/teacher conference with administrators and teachers.
- Manage the transfer of student data after point of admission (Ravenna) to Blackbaud.
- Collaborate with the Director of Academic Technology to train teachers, staff, and/or key constituents on the Blackbaud platform.
- Work with Communications to support the school’s website.
- Collaborate with the Advancement and Technology teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Participate in other school activities including (but not limited to) covering lunch duty periodically, working with a “buddy” class, participating in school-wide training and planning, and professional development.
CERTIFICATES/RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Comfortable with the basic concept of databases (tables, sorting and manipulating data, extracting, and loading data, the concept of SQL).
- Willing to research solutions and an interest in finding efficient ways to manage data (finds automated solutions rather than entering rows of data by hand).
- Experience managing Blackbaud K-12 and other database systems.
- Comfortable reaching out to vendors and learning about our database-related systems to make sure we are using them correctly and efficiently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience creating and delivering presentations.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- At least three years of work experience in the field or closely related field.
- Passing periodic background checks, FBI background check and, at the discretion of the school, drug and alcohol screening.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to write and format professional correspondence memos, and support documentation.
- Mature judgment and discretion; ability to maintain confidentiality and composure under pressure
- Consistent and prompt attendance.
- Compliance with the provisions of the Beauvoir Faculty & Staff Handbook.
WORKING CONDITIONS (SCHEDULE, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT)
- The position is a full-time, in-person position
- The position requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in preparing reports using a computer keyboard
- The position requires near and far vision for reading and preparing written reports and other documents
- Acute hearing is also required when providing phone assistance
- The need to lift, drag, push and pull files, reports and other materials weighing up to 25 pounds is required
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the School may terminate the relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.