Third grade is an exciting year for our students, as they solidify old friendships and form new ones, discover new information, and anticipate new beginnings. As senior Beauvoir students, they also relish the magical quality of their final year and begin storing away wonderful memories that will connect them to Beauvoir in the years to come.
Third grade is also a year for parents and children to choose where their lives after Beauvoir will take them. In partnership with a full-time Outplacement Team, Beauvoir parents are given the opportunity to reflect on their child's growth and assess what they want in a school for the next phase of their child’s academic, social, and emotional journey. Our Outplacement Team meets with parents and advocates for each child, maintains strong relationships with area schools, and manages supplemental admissions materials. Throughout the fall, Beauvoir hosts admission officers from area schools who provide information to third grade parents about their programs and admission processes.
Beauvoir’s Outplacement Team works with students and parents every step of the way to engage in a thorough and thoughtful process that includes:
- A parent group meeting in the spring of second grade;
- Individual meetings with families the summer before a student's third grade year to discuss their child’s unique needs and potential school options for fourth grade;
- A series of parent coffees hosted by Beauvoir throughout the fall where area independent school representatives visit and present information and answer questions about their programs;
- Student advocacy visits and meetings with admission officers; and
- Consultation, guidance, and recommendations provided during every stage of the decision-making process.
After parents/guardians identify and submit applications to their desired schools, Beauvoir does the rest! We submit our students’ supplemental admission materials to prospective schools, including teacher recommendations, test scores, and progress reports. We also regularly share preliminary information received from area schools and applicant schools notify parents of final decisions.