Voices for Learning: The Beauvoir Center for Teaching and Learning is an Institute which specializes in providing effective, evidence-based, innovative continuing education opportunities for early childhood, elementary and middle school teachers. Since 2002, the Center has offered almost 200 workshops with over 3700 educators attending.
Our 13th Summer Institute includes 10 workshops and courses focusing on:
- Individualizing of content and instruction to address the needs of all learners
- Growing mathematical understanding and numeracy with our youngest learners
- Teaching of persuasive, opinion and literary essays Grades 3-6
- Responsive Classroom approach in developing a classroom's social environment to support students' academic and social skills
- Outdoor education with Nature Explore - connecting young children with the natural world
- Teaching of mindfulness through thoughts and actions in work with students and colleagues
- ?Phono-Graphix? certification course - structured, systematic and multi-sensory method of reading instruction
Consider joining us this summer, on the grounds of the Washington National Cathedral to share ideas, make new friends, be a part of stimulating learning experiences, and reflect and grow as learners.